April 1, 2010

Guest Designer

Hello scrappers,
April Guest Designer
I am happy to present to you our April Guest designer: Lori Mitchell.

I am from Tower Hill, New Brunswick and became exposed to the world of scrapbooking through my membership with the Enterprise Women's Institute. Not too long after joining the women's group, I was helping at one of their fundraising events; the Tower Hill Crop, when I bought a "few" things to get me started. Shortly thereafter, I began my obsession with scrapbooking and its creative process.

Through scrapbooking, I have met some great people and made some wonderful scrapping friends (you know who you are Flip Flop Girls). I am delighted to have met Chantal and have become one of her regulars at her store, crops, and classes. My inspiration comes from learning new techniques, lurking on the web's blogs, and from spending time with those who are engaged in this wonderful hobby.

My darling and treasured nephews (Jarrett, Bradley, Richard and John) have, from the start, been featured on the largest number of my scrapbook pages. Having grown up with a camera pointed at them recording most everything they do, they know that Auntie Lori needs the shots for her scrapbooks. They have provided me with countless photographs and many happy moments and "incidents" to journal.

Soon, I will have a baby granddaughter to add to the mix. I can then play with more girly scrapbooking supplies, which will be a switch from the browns, blues, oranges and greens that I have been using for the past four years.

I am humbled to have been asked by Chantal to be a guest designer, as she is one of my greatest sources of inspiration and encouragement.

Lori was given the new Cosmo Cricket "Garden Variety" to create a few layouts. Wow!!! Did she ever create great layouts!!! I could see myself scraplifting these ones for sure.

She also decided to share with us these beautiful layouts using the Jillibean Soup papers. Isn't her work amazing!!!! Look at those gorgeous new flowers from Jillibean Soup!!!


Thank you so much Lori for sharing your love of scrapbooking with us!!! Your work is amazing!!!
That is it for now. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Scrapping.
Chantal

3 comments:

Julie said...

WOW! These are great layouts.Love all the papers she used.So nice to get to know a little more about fellow scrappers.

Cindy S. said...

Lori! your LOs are FABULOUS!! WOW!!

Kristine said...

Lori, you do some amazing work ;-) Congrats on GDT!